Head of Marketing
We were waiting for you!
We know these are busy days for everyone and that you have plenty of options, so thank you for taking the time to read this posting! 😉
🤝 This is us, using AI to (truly) disrupt an entire industry
Co-founded by two Stanford/Wharton and Google alums, FounderNest is a SaaS company in stealth mode that uses AI to help innovative corporations (Innovation, CVC, and Corp Dev / M&A teams) identify their next partnership, investment, or acquisition target - before their competition. Our core technology is built on real-time analytics running on private and public company data. This fuels our Natural Language Processing AI with +60M companies and +1.2B aggregated data points, allowing us to minimize noise and find 3-5x more companies relative to alternatives.
We are proud to count amongst our clients some of the largest corporations across a wide range of industries worldwide — for example, 5 of the Top 10 Pharma companies worldwide, one of the largest management consulting firms, one of the largest biotech companies, and one of the largest food & beverage companies in the world.
This is the perfect time to join us! We are well funded, are hiring aggressively (yes, hiring and not laying off, which may seem crazy in current times 😊), and are exceeding our quarterly revenue targets consistently. By joining FounderNest at this time, you will have the opportunity to see the impact of your work on a daily basis while you grow your career in parallel to the company’s growth.
👩🏼🎨 What you will do
At FounderNest people come first and you will be our first hire in the Marketing team 🎯. If you are passionate about making a business grow, see the impact of your work and you would love to be part of a dynamic team committed to disrupting an industry, this is your dream position!
You will work with our CEO and our Head of Sales.
Take FounderNest out of stealth:
- Define and own FounderNest's voice and build our digital presence from scratch.
- Build and launch a new website (no design or coding experience required, we have the team for that).
- Evaluate a potential rebranding.
Architect a demand gen funnel and identify and build the content to fuel it:
- Define the content strategy and generate the corresponding materials (blog posts, case studies, etc.) that will lead to exponential demand growth, working with sales and customer success.
- Prioritize and launch experiments across a user’s lifecycle to feature adoption, churn prevention, and resurrection.
- Select and implement marketing automation tools.
As we grow, scale the marketing team and manage a mix of in-house and external vendors as we grow quickly (while staying scrappy):
- Define the right balance between the use external agencies / freelancers vs. building the team in-house.
- If the team is built in-house, building a hiring plan and execute on it.
- Build a scrappy budget to achieve the goals.
- Negotiate with vendors and ensure a good ROI.
🎯 What you will bring
At FounderNest people come first and you will be our first hire to spearhead our efforts around Growth Marketing. If you are passionate about growth and tech startups; and you would love to be part of a dynamic team committed to disrupting an industry, this is your dream position!
Here is a bit more flavor on what we are looking for:
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience in B2B growth and marketing at a SaaS company.
- You come from the startup world and have done this (or a big part of this) at a startup previously
- You have a deep understanding of the impact of marketing on acquisition, nurturing and retention, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- You are highly structured and analytical. You have passion for data and use it to learn and guide your decisions.
- You are creative and like generating ideas that can have an exponential impact on your goals.
- You have grit, you don't mind rolling up your sleeves and tackling all tasks necessary to get the job done, and enjoy to work under pressure when necessary.
- You have generated content that had a measurable impact on new demand.
- You have experience using modern marketing automation tools.
- You are scrappy, able to identify and leverage arbitrage opportunities with limited resources.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills in English. You’ll need to be able to build content and/or product copies without external supervision.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- You love growth marketing. This is the job you are passionate about; this is where you want to grow and develop your career.
🏆 Bonus Points
- You have marketing experience at in the Enterprise space.
- You've built a marketing team in a startup.
- You have a deep understanding of the corporate industry at teams that engage with external stakeholders (e.g., innovation, partnerships, corporate development, CVC, procurement, etc.).
⌛️We are committed to you
🚀 Personal & professional growth
- You will be a key part of a lean team that will support your growth, within a safe environment. You will be supported to experiment and become a reference for FounderNest’s Growth Marketing efforts.
- You will be part of the Leadership Team, the group of leaders at the company that is ultimately responsible for the most important decisions we make.
- You will have direct exposure to Silicon Valley, which includes some of the best investors and professionals in the world. We proudly count on many of them as our own investors and advisors.
- Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We've achieved more than teams 15x our size in less time — and there's so much more to do and learn.
- Exponential growth: We humbly say that 6 months at FounderNest may be equivalent to 2 years at any other company in terms of your growth. This is thanks to the pace at which we operate, the state-of-the-art practices and processes that drive our company, and the unparalleled caliber of the people you will get to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
🏢 Working environment
- We pride ourselves on having built an open, humble, diverse, supportive, and truly unique culture. If you share our values (they are codified in our framework called CALIBER 🤗: Customer Excellence, Agility, Learning, Innovation, Balance, Ethics, Respect) and our passion for technology, you will find a home at FounderNest.
- You will be part of a team committed to disrupting an industry while having fun in the process!
- We have built a thriving environment based on cooperation and constructive feedback ♻️, with smart, ambitious, and hard-working individuals who dream about making an impact in the world.
- You will have a flexible schedule ⏳ since we want you to have the freedom to organize your time towards achieving our ambitious goals.
- Though we work remotely from all over the world 🌎, we love spending time together so we also organize recurrent in-person activities, events, and off-sites.
- Unlimited vacation policy 🏄🏼♂️, as long as you coordinate with your team and you meet our goals.
- 90/10 policy: each team member can devote 10% of their time (usually a Friday every other week) to innovate and grow professionally 📚.
- Birthday policy 🎂: We’ll celebrate your day, showing appreciation with a gift.
- 🖐🏾 We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics ⚖️.
💰 Compensation & Perks
- You will have a full-time contract (i.e. no freelance work).
- We will offer you a very competitive salary based on your past experience and future potential, including a variable component baked into it. We also want you to have stock options since we want you to grow as the company grows and to celebrate FounderNest’s success at all levels.
- We will offer you an attractive benefits package based on your preferences and what is important to you (it will be designed for you ad hoc ).
- Equipment 💻 : all you need to kill it at work. No questions asked. Just request it and we'll do out best.
👫 Hiring process
- This is a 4 step fast interview process that we promise will be exciting — you will get to meet some of the leaders at the company you will get to work with, and you will get a great flavor of what working at FounderNest looks like 🙂.
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Perks & Benefits
📆 Flexible scheduleWe trust that you are the one that knows yourself better. For this reason, we have a flexible working hours policy: you are free to organize your own time.
✈️ Flexible vacations policyYou can take as many vacation days as you need, as long as you coordinate with your team.
💵 CompensationWe want you to be comfortable, so we pay very competitive salaries, depending on your previous experience and role.
🙌 Stock optionsWe want you to join us in this incredible journey, and make yours FounderNest’s success.
🔭 90/10 policyWe know the importance of learning and innovation, and that is the reason why each team member can devote 10% of their time (usually a Friday every other week) to innovate and grow professionally.
🎂 Birthday policy
We’ll celebrate your day, showing appreciation with a gift.
🌎 Remote friendlyNow full remote because of COVID-19. After that, remote friendly; i.e you can work remotely when and if you need it. The office will always be open for you. We have two: San Francisco and Madrid
💻 EquipmentAll you need to kill it at work. No questions asked. Just request it and you'll have it.
🎼 LearningPeople are what we care the most about. We want you to thrive and grow within FounderNest. Tell us whether you want to go to a conference, take a course or buy a book, and you'll have it (budget allowed 🙂)
😀 FunHard to list all we do here. Some examples: offsites, events and activities that we all want to have fun outside work. Now with COVID-19, we do a lot of virtual, but we also do physical activities. We love to hang out with each other!
At FounderNest we have an agile work environment with a customer-centric obsession and a strong focus on making sure that every team member has a path to thrive at a professional and personal level. Our culture is strongly driven by Silicon Valley Standards, so excellence is expected in everything we do. However, we do not want to lose sight of having fun while we learn and celebrating our accomplishments.
We pride ourselves on having built an open, humble, diverse, supportive, and truly unique culture. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values (they are codified in our framework called CALIBER: Customer Excellence, Agility, Learning, Innovation, Balance, Ethics, Respect) and our passion for technology, you will find a home at FounderNest.
Currently, in stealth mode, FounderNest is an AI company born out of Stanford and based in Silicon Valley that helps corporations identify the best fitting external stakeholders 🤝 (startups, scaleups, SMEs, research) for their business needs and for any type of engagement (e.g. investment, M&A, partnership, sales, contracting), based on our proprietary deep profiling and analytics.
Head of Marketing
Loading application form