We were waiting for you!
We know these are busy days for everyone and that you have plenty of options, so thank you for taking the time to read this posting!
In a nutshell, we are looking for someone who can lead the present and future success of our customers, being the owner of the relationship with them. At FounderNest, while we like commonly accepted terms such as Customer Success, we prefer to come up with our own names when those better reflect what we are actually looking for, and especially since Customer Excellence is one of our core values (more details below!) 😉
By the way, while we are not big fans of name tags, to be realistic with the responsibilities of this role, we have decided to name it Head of Customer Excellence.
🤝 This is us, using AI to (truly) disrupt an entire industry
Co-founded by two Stanford/Wharton alums, FounderNest is a SaaS company in stealth mode that uses AI to help innovative corporations (Innovation, CVC, and Corp Dev / M&A teams) identify their next partnership, investment, or acquisition target - before their competition. Our core technology is built on real-time analytics running on private and public company data. This fuels our Natural Language Processing AI with +60M companies and +1.2B aggregated data points, allowing us to minimize noise and find 1.5-5x more companies relative to alternatives.
We are proud to count amongst our clients some of the largest corporations across a wide range of industries worldwide — for example, 4 of the Top 10 Pharma companies worldwide, one of the largest management consulting firms, one of the largest biotech companies, and one of the largest food & beverage companies in the world.
This is the perfect time to join us! We are exceeding our quarterly revenue targets consistently (🔼 2x growth QoQ). By joining FounderNest at this time, you will have the opportunity to see the impact of your work on a daily basis while you grow your career in parallel to the company’s growth.
🔎 (We hope) this is who you are
If you are passionate about making customers fall in love with products and you would love to be part of a dynamic team committed to disrupting an industry, this is your dream position!
As FounderNest’s Head of Customer Excellence, you will :
- Along with the Product Specialist and the Sales team, make sure that we crush the trials and that we keep our conversion metrics super high!
- Work closely with the clients to make sure we are delivering the best experience to them so that: (1) we keep churn to zero, (2) continue upselling; and (3) identify expansion opportunities (this to be done in coordination with our Sales team), becoming a driving force for our two main stakeholders: our customers and our business.
Learn our product inside and out and help our customers drive business outcomes; you will proactively identify customers who aren’t maximizing their opportunity with our product/service and reach out to create an action plan to help them achieve success, and you will surface opportunities to expand existing relationships when it’s right for our customers.
Identify bottlenecks that prevent us from delivering customer excellence to our customers.
- Once value-prop and product improvements are identified, work with other stakeholders (i.e. Product, Engineering, Operations, Sales) of the company to deliver the best product experience to our clients.
Do user monitoring from an engagement and customer excellence perspective (from onboarding and throughout the customer journey)
- Last but not least, you will be in a privileged position to contribute to building the area from scratch and to grow it as far as you want.
Excited? Keep reading!
👩🏼🎨 What you will do
As a startup, things may evolve but we have some degree of certainty on the areas we want you to lead. We are a bit structured-minded at FounderNest (you’ll see that when you meet us 😉) so we have grouped them in the main buckets:
Drive adoption (from trial to onboarding), retention (happiness with our product and renewals and conversions), and expansion (up-selling and account expansion) for a product that solves real problems and which our customers love: Some of the world's largest companies use FounderNest to discover their next investment and partnership so we hold a great deal of responsibility for the present and future of our customers.
Help build the foundations of Customer Excellence at FounderNest, a critical area at the core of the company that will grow as the company grows: you'll be instrumental in helping define our sales-assisted motions and potentially build, lead, and grow the Customer Excellence team from scratch.
Serve as the customer's trusted advisor along with the Product Specialist: You'll host training, onboarding, and working sessions to educate our customers and dig deep into new use cases of FounderNest.
Join a fantastic team at a magical time: We humbly say that 6 months at FounderNest may be equivalent to 2 years at any other company in terms of your growth. This is thanks to the pace at which we operate, the state-of-the-art practices and processes that drive our company, and the unparalleled caliber of the people you will get to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
Meaningfully shape our future product: As you engage with customers, you'll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with the Product Specialist and the Product team to inform what we do next.
Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We've achieved more than teams 15x our size in less time — and there's so much more to do and learn.
🎯 What you will bring
- You have 4+ years of Customer Success or Account Management experience, ideally at a high-growth, mission-driven, SaaS B2B tech startup in the Enterprise space, in which you autonomously managed a handful of demanding corporate customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. We may be open to stellar candidates with alternative backgrounds.
- You are at a point in your career where you are not afraid of starting the Customer Excellence efforts at a rapidly-growing company such as FounderNest.
- You have grit, you don't mind rolling up your sleeves and tackling all tasks necessary to get the job done, you actually enjoy the process, and you love leading by example.
- You view setbacks as learning opportunities in our path to accomplishing our company's goals.
- You can put yourself in others’ shoes and see situations from perspectives other than your own.
- You’re motivated by seeing others succeed and grow when you partner with them.
- You’re highly adaptable, easily acclimating to a rapidly changing business and industry.
- You have strong intrinsic motivation to be a top performer and contribute to a team.
- You love getting to know new people and helping them solve their business problems.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills in English. Spanish is a plus.
- You are highly structured, process-oriented, analytical, creative, and love to work under pressure when necessary.
- You are able to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority while being open to giving and receiving critical feedback.
- You have natural leadership skills. People love working with you.
- You have a talent for navigating different stakeholder priorities and competing ideas to create win-win solutions.
- You have an incessant thirst to continuously experiment and learn in an extremely fast-paced environment.
🏆 Bonus Points
- You've been a first or early hire at a fast-growing start-up before.
- You've got strong technical chops.
- You've built Customer Success playbooks or processes.
⌛️We are committed to you
🚀 Personal & professional growth
- You will be a key part of a lean team that will support your growth, within a safe environment. You will be supported to experiment and grow into the center of FounderNest’s Customer Excellence efforts.
- You will have the opportunity to grow the CE team and to create the best culture anyone has ever seen.
- You will have direct exposure to Silicon Valley, which includes the best VCs (some of them are our own investors) and startups in the world.
🏢 Working environment
- We pride ourselves on having built an open, humble, diverse, supportive, and truly unique culture. If you share our values (they are codified in our framework called CALIBER 🤗: Customer Excellence, Agility, Learning, Innovation, Balance, Ethics, Respect) and our passion for technology, you will find a home at FounderNest.
- You will be part of a team committed to disrupting an industry while having fun in the process!
- We have built a thriving environment based on cooperation and constructive feedback ♻️, with smart, ambitious, and hard-working individuals who dream about making an impact in the world.
- You will have a flexible schedule ⏳ since we want you to have the freedom to organize your time towards achieving our ambitious goals.
- Though we work remotely from all over the world 🌎, we love spending time together so we also organize recurrent in-person activities, events, and off-sites.
Unlimited vacation policy 🏄🏼♂️, as long as you coordinate with your team and you meet our goals.
90/10 policy: each team member can devote 10% of their time (usually a Friday every other week) to innovate and grow professionally 📚.
Birthday policy 🎂: We’ll celebrate your day, showing appreciation with a gift.
- 🖐🏾 We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics ⚖️.
- You will have a full-time contract (i.e. no freelance work).
- We will offer you a very competitive salary based on your past experience and future potential, including a variable component baked into it. We also want you to have stock options since we want you to grow as the company grows and to celebrate FounderNest’s success at all levels.
- Equipment 💻 : all you need to kill it at work. Just request it and we'll do our best.
👫 Hiring process
- This is a 4 step interview process that we promise will be exciting — you will get to meet some of the leaders at the company you will get to work with, and you will get a great flavor of what working at FounderNest looks like 🙂