We were waiting for you!
We know these are busy days for everyone and that you have plenty of options, so thank you for taking the time to read this posting! 😉
🤝 This is us, using AI to (truly) disrupt an entire industry
Born at Stanford and Wharton, FounderNest is a gen-AI company in stealth mode that helps (today but with huge potential expansion opportunities) corporations in the world improve and streamline their market intelligence processes, including (for their spaces of interest): (1) helping them understand the taxonomy and dynamics of the space, (2) mapping out all the players, (3) getting unique insights about the space (e.g. growth rate, investment activity); and (4) tracking what their competitors are doing.
Our core technology is built on real-time analytics running on private and public company data. This fuels our Natural Language Processing AI with +60M companies and +1.2B aggregated data points, allowing us to be 3x-5x better than alternatives.
We are proud to count amongst our clients some of the largest corporations across a wide range of industries worldwide — for example, 4 of the Top 10 Pharma companies worldwide, two of the largest management consulting firms, one of the largest biotech companies, and one of the largest food & beverage companies in the world.
This is the perfect time to join us! We are well funded and growing fast (yes, growing which may seem crazy in current times 😊). By joining FounderNest at this time, you will have the opportunity to see the impact of your work on a daily basis while you grow your career in parallel to the company’s growth.
👩🏼🎨 What you will do
If you are passionate about Natural Language Processing (NLP) and ready to contribute to cutting-edge projects that push the boundaries of AI, this is your dream position!
- You will be responsible for leveraging NLP techniques to solve complex problems, training and fine-tuning language models including LLMs used to perform tasks such as semantic search, question answering and classification, extracting relevant information from unstructured text data to provide valuable insights to our users. You'll play a critical role in enhancing model performance and accuracy.
- Additionally, you will continuously stay up-to-date with industry trends and evaluate opportunities to improve our stack, tools, architecture or processes.
- You will also participate in identifying and exploring new data sources that could enhance existing datasets.
- Finally you will assist with data analytics to generate and communicate actionable insights from data, ensuring the delivery of high-quality, data-driven recommendations.
Note that this is a fully remote position based in Europe.
🎯 What you will bring
- You have a minimum of 3 years of practical experience in data science, with a focus on NLP or machine learning working with transformer-based models.
- You are an autonomous and fast learner, always eager to expand your knowledge and skill set. Your proactive nature drives you to stay ahead of industry trends.
- You thrive in a team environment, working seamlessly with other highly talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. You have a track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams, comfortable proposing technical solutions and skilled at communicating effectively complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Python, version control and working with databases is crucial.
- Professional proficiency in English.
🏆 Bonus Points
- Experience using LLMs and their applications in NLP tasks.
- Experience building models for deployment as APIs or production-level code development including unit testing and peer code reviews.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Familiarity with data versioning control systems like DVC.
- Experience with platforms for managing ML workflows.
- Professional proficiency in Spanish.
⌛️We are committed to you
🚀 Personal & professional growth
You will be a key part of a lean team that will support your growth, within a safe environment. You will be supported to experiment and learn FounderNest’s Data Science efforts.
You will have direct exposure to Silicon Valley, which includes some of the best investors and professionals in the world. We proudly count on many of them as our own investors and advisors.
Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We've achieved more than teams 15x our size in less time — and there's so much more to do and learn.
Exponential growth: We humbly say that 6 months at FounderNest may be equivalent to 2 years at any other company in terms of your growth. This is thanks to the pace at which we operate, the state-of-the-art practices and processes that drive our company, and the unparalleled caliber of the people you will get to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
🏢 Working environment
- We pride ourselves on having built an open, humble, diverse, supportive, and truly unique culture. If you share our values (they are codified in our framework called CALIBER: Customer Excellence, Agility, Learning, Innovation, Balance, Ethics, Respect) and our passion for technology, you will find a home at FounderNest.
- You will be part of a team committed to disrupting an industry while having fun in the process!
- We have built a thriving environment based on cooperation and constructive feedback ♻️, with smart, ambitious, and hard-working individuals who dream about making an impact in the world.
- You will have a flexible schedule ⏳ since we want you to have the freedom to organize your time towards achieving our ambitious goals.
- Though we work remotely from all over the world 🌎, we love spending time together so we also organize recurrent in-person activities, events, and off-sites.
- Unlimited vacation policy 🏄🏼♂️, as long as you coordinate with your team and you meet our goals.
- 90/10 policy: each team member can devote 10% of their time (usually a Friday every other week) to innovate and grow professionally 📚.
- Birthday policy 🎂: We’ll celebrate your day, showing appreciation with a gift.
- 🖐🏾 We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics ⚖️.
💰 Compensation & Perks
You will have a full-time contract (i.e. no freelance work).
We will offer you a competitive salary based on your past experience and future potential. We also want you to have stock options since we want you to grow as the company grows and to celebrate FounderNest’s success at all levels.
Equipment 💻 : all you need to kill it at work. Just request it and we’ll do our best.
👫 Hiring process
- After you apply, we will review your submission and decide whether we invite you to a quick intro call with Victor, our Head of Data Science and Hiring Manager for this role.
- If we decide to invite you and this initial call goes well, we will then invite you to start a 3 step fast interview process that we promise will be exciting — you will get to meet some of the leaders at the company you will get to work with, and you will get a great flavor of what working at FounderNest looks like 🙂.